Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Complaints and Grievances/Happy, Hopeful, Happy

Last year I wrote about how anti-resolutions I am, and I decided that the only thing I wanted for 2011 was just to love myself and all of the fucked up/great decisions I would make.
And make them I did.
It wasn't a tough year, or a bad one. It was just really, really, fast. I feel like a lot of things happened, and nothing happened at the same time. I learned a lot in 2011, and sometimes I consider what I would do if I had the opportunity to not sorta-kinda-have-maybe-sex with a douche or stop being so teenage-loudmouth-bitchy to my mom, but then I remember that I wouldn't change a thing. It doesn't mean I won't repeat the same mistakes this year (ohlordIhopenot), but now they'll have a "Oh, wait! I've been here once before, and there is, I REPEAT, there IS light at the end of the tunnel!" feel to them.

This year I'll be going to college at WVU and no doubt be learning things inside and outside of the classroom. I'll make a whole new group of friends, and maybe loose some of the few I have now. Maybe I can avoid falling hopelessly in love for another year, but nontheless manage to get fucked over by someone tall, dark, and handsome.
I'll be spending my very last days in high school and end up quitting my very first job (I won't be able to keep it once I move to college). It'll no doubt be a very wild and emotional ride that I can't wait for. Well, actually it can take its time. I'm nervous.

To end this lovely post I'd like to list just a few of my accomplishments/useful things I've learned this year:
-Got accepted into three colleges
-Got my license and a car (I named her Lucy, she's a 1994 Chrysler Concorde and I love her).
-Got my first job! (Waitress).
-Found a really sweet guy.
-Found out really sweet guys can still be assholes when they're told "no."
-Kissed a long time friend, realized everyone was right in keeping us apart.
-Started hard-core saving for a trip to Europe.
-Made the grown-up decision of not going to my Dream College because I would be in debt until I was 65.
-Tried weed for the very first time.
-Learned not to nascar-pass schoolbuses in the pouring rain.
-Discovered the glory of Tumblr.
-Made the conscious decision to not have any males in my life at the moment (well, besides my daddy-o).
-Turned 18 and still haven't bought a lottery ticket or gone to a club. (*note added 3/12/12, I went to the strip club with a few friends, it wasn't all that. Interesting experience however..)
-Accepted life on life's terms. Things aren't always fair, but it doesn't matter, the world will always soldier on; I should follow it's example and maybe set one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The big splash into the river...

I guess you have to at least admire my friend for having the guts to try this. (remember, she wasn't harmed)