Friday, August 16, 2013

(on vacation)

In my last post I talked about my new tattoo, well, I got that tattoo while I was tanning my bum at the beach.  My favorite beach in the United States has to be Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina, the water is clear, the breeze is warm, and the people aren't overwhelming.  It was a good mini-vacation (only about two days), and there is something about the beach that I just can't shake.  I write about the ocean often in my poems and I admire it so much, and I know I'm not the only one.  I think the ocean gives me a sense of how finite my problems are, and how small I am compared.  I find that relieving.
People got so creative this year, I also saw an octopus and a dolphin in the sand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The big splash into the river...

I guess you have to at least admire my friend for having the guts to try this. (remember, she wasn't harmed)