Monday, July 23, 2012

Brokenhearted Bitches

I want you to want me.  Over and over I keep hearing, "if he's not making any effort, he's not worth it."  Somehow in my head that translates to, "if he's not making any effort, you're not worth it."  I'm so tired of guessing and playing the dating game, that's why I wanted to hang up my fuck-me heels and start buying cats months ago.  One friend told me I'm making myself too available.  BUT I AM TOO AVAILABLE!  Why do I have to pretend to be something I'm not?
If you like me, you'll spend time with me.  You'll make the effort to talk to me and be with me while I'm in college.  If me leaving doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out!  But how can you decide the movie is going to suck when you haven't even seen the trailer?  You told me you didn't think I'd like you, you didn't think we'd have anything to talk about, and now you don't think the college commute is going to work.  Give me the the chance to prove you wrong, yet again.
You said you'd try.
But just last night I got asked out,  I got asked if I'm single.  I don't even know how to respond!  When other guys start showering me with the compliments I never get from you, it hurts.  I know they're just trying to get in my pants, it's obvious.  At least I know what the fuck they're up to.  You're hiding in the bushes giving me no answers, just flying by the seat of your pants, "you'll see me when you see me."
Damn it, if I'm going to try, then I'm going to go all out!  I'm not going to hold back, I'm going to give you my all and I expect the same.  Why pretend to try, waste my time, and waste me going out on dates with any new guys I might meet?  Is that some male form of pleasure?  Personally, I prefer shopping, but if you're into brokenhearted bitches I guess I get that.
I'm just tired of laying in bed, asking myself questions that only you can answer.  I want to have that easy conversation with you again, I want to take all this pressure off, but I can't do it alone.  I've learned from experience that liking someone and dating someone is never easy (even though I think it should be), and because of that I haven't given up on you yet.  So please don't give up on me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The big splash into the river...

I guess you have to at least admire my friend for having the guts to try this. (remember, she wasn't harmed)