Friday, March 5, 2010

A Lovely Encounter

I wrote this in my creative writing class and really liked it so I thought it might be kind of nice to post. In the words of one of my classmates "Why are all poems so stinkin depressing?" So yeah, it's a bit sad, but still pretty. Hope you enjoy:)

I sit
On a slate of solace
A wide a stare
That wound the clock
Tick Tock

This fear is thick
Dense like London Fog
A wordless speech
A lost dialogue

And we react
Like oil and water
These lessons are lost
But at least you taught her

The sun hits the waves
And you wash away
Receding as you please
It's tough to learn
When your just chasing dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

The big splash into the river...

I guess you have to at least admire my friend for having the guts to try this. (remember, she wasn't harmed)